B2B Website Case Study
Location: Burlington, ON
Elreg Distributors is an online retailer of vehicular engine components like alternators, starters & switches.
As a B2B company, Elreg Distributors places equal importance on building long-term relationships as well as finding new business. For the longest time, they relied on cold calling and a road-based sales team to handle both components.
As the cost of customer acquisition continues to rise, it became clear that having a functional and optimized website could do much of the acquisition work for them.
“We wanted to reduce the reliance on a paper catalogue”
In 2006, Elreg Distributors relied on paper catalogues and a road-based sales force to locate and attract new customers. That model became unsustainable, and they wanted a website to:
- Be an engaging digital extension of their paper brochure
- Reach prospective customers in new places and in new ways
- Be optimized for the growing mobile market
Elreg Distributors didn’t need “just a website” (they already had that). They needed a 24/7 salesperson that’s always open and ready for business.
The “AAA” website (Accessible, Anywhere, Anytime)
Beyond just showing products online, the new Elreg Distributors website is one part in a total customer acquisition strategy:
- Built for all devices on all platforms (accessible)
- Attracts customers through social media, content marketing, blogging & more (anywhere)
- Live chat and content translated into over 25 languages (anytime)