Social media is a huge potential market that many businesses are trying to address in their internet marketing strategy. However, it takes a lot of know how to be able to create an effective social media strategy and a ton of time to implement the strategy properly.
Ultimately, the world of marketing is changing drastically and quickly. Traditional marketing campaigns such as yellow pages, newspaper ads, television and radio are becoming more expensive and are producing less than ideal results.
How Will a Social Media Strategy Help Your Business?
The first question you should ask yourself is how a social media strategy will help your business. Since social media takes so much time and effort to implement you want to ensure that the benefits will be worth the time involved. Here are a few reasons why social media is so important:
- When you look at age demographics you will realize that there are more Generation Y than Baby Boomers
- 96% of Generation Y use social media: the way this generation communicates has changed and now electronic communication is much more important than traditional forms of communication
- Generation Y has huge amounts of spending power that your business will want to target
- In order to reach Generation Y you will need to develop a social media presence
- Social media is free to use, the only expense is the time involved to make it work
How to Develop a Social Media Presence
Social media can be as simple or as complicated as you make it. Done inaccurately it can be a huge time and money waster. Done properly and effectively it can be a huge source of business and income. So how do you take advantage of social media the right way? Over the next few days we will discuss the different aspects of social media, including:
For each aspect we will look at how to implement a good social media strategy and if you do, the benefits you can expect to see as a result.
The team at WSI Milton are internet marketing experts specializing in helping businesses generate leads, improve their ROI and maximize conversion architecture.
To learn more about how social media can improve your business consider contacting us or attending one of our free monthly seminars.